X

Weird oil light flicker...thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird oil light flicker...thoughts?

Lately I've noticed that under hard acceleration that my oil light will flicker. This is normally in 1st and 2nd gear between 5k and 6k and then it goes away. It is not coming on, but litely flickering. Could it be an issue with the sensor or maybe a loose wire that hits with the certain vibrations?

I just changed oil/filter last week and it was still doing this last night.
    ROLL TIDE!

Maybe a bad sensor.

Most likely a loose wire.

I'd start investigating the situation.... so long as you are sure the oil level isn't too low.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

My oil pump cover was bent in and my Kat's oil light stayed on.

Comment

It shows full, even though I only added about 3.5 qts after the oil/filter change. I am checking it leveled after riding to get it up to temp.

Where would I start with checking the wire? not very mechanically inclined
        ROLL TIDE!

Comment

can anyone tell me where that wire might be? dont see it in the service manual or can't find anything online.
          ROLL TIDE!

Comment

Originally posted by abailey362 View Post
            can anyone tell me where that wire might be? dont see it in the service manual or can't find anything online.
            Front right cover of engine. (As sitting on bike) The wire goes into a grommet and then to the oil pressure sensor. You can take the cover off to look at the sensor, just put a pan under it because you will get a small amount of oil to drain out.
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
            X