X

commpression and leakdown test ???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commpression and leakdown test ???

k so i did a commpression test on my 89 kat 750 and it goes like this dry: 1=60 2=70 3=120 4=130.. wet 1=70 2=70 3=130 4=130.

this basicly told me that the piston/rings/cylinder were alright and it is a head problem...

so i did a leakdown test on just the first cylinder (cus my air commpresser SUCKS!) and i heard it comming out of the crankcase???? and quick.. its an oil cooled bike, would a head problem do this (like a bad o ring on the oil holes?) or are the rings just really F'ed???? i have never worked on an oil cooled machine so im not to sure on this one
    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

did you do a valve adjustment before the tests? if not then the tests could be false readings due to misadjusted valves... ie not closing completely.

Comment

ya i adjusted the valves before i did the test. this is the second time ive done the tests. i orriganaly did a comp test with the same readings (after i cheaked the valve clearence). did a leak down on all 4 cylinders (without a gauge to measure, just to cheak were the leak it) and found that 1 and 2 were leaking from the exhaust valves. took off the head and it was just a bit of carbon keeping them open, cleaned the "bad valves". put the head on, did the valves then did the teasts i just expained up above...

the first time i did hear a little bit of air comin out of the crank case but when i took the heads off i didnt see anything and just thought maby, cus its oil cooled, that the head gasket leaked a bit into the oil holes. but the wet comp test almost completely takes the rings and cylinder out of the picture. less there REALLY F'd up, which i didnt see
      if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Working...
      X