X

Pilot Jet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Jet

Been having problems with this '05 Kat since I bought it a few weeks ago. Really bad gas mileage and one cylinder not firing correctly. Finally found what we think is the problem which is a missing (yup somebody thought that part wasn't necessary) pilot jet. The needle is just floating around in there. I am ordering the part, but there is a discrepancy that I am hoping somebody here can clear up for me. Part 27 is the one that's missing, but part #19 I am confused about. 2 of them say 112.5 and the other 2 say 115 and they are alternating. Is this normal or should they all match? Both are available on the OEM parts list.

Main jets 112.5 carb 2+3. 115 carb 1+4

Comment

Thanks man.

Comment

Stonefry, that is very interesting since i have the poor mileage problem too, even worse then yours. Does the pilot jet missing mean that excess fuel is being dumped to airbox and from there under the engine? Was the float height correct or too small / large?

Comment

Originally posted by Tushaar View Post
          Stonefry, that is very interesting since i have the poor mileage problem too, even worse then yours. Does the pilot jet missing mean that excess fuel is being dumped to airbox and from there under the engine?
          A missing jet or jet not screwed in tight enough will cause fuel to end up in the airbox

Comment

Originally posted by Tushaar View Post
            Stonefry, that is very interesting since i have the poor mileage problem too, even worse then yours. Does the pilot jet missing mean that excess fuel is being dumped to airbox and from there under the engine? Was the float height correct or too small / large?

In my case, I didn't have any fuel in the airbox. The float height was only a tad out of whack at 14mm instead of 13mm.

Comment

Originally posted by stonefry View Post
              Finally found what we think is the problem which is a missing pilot jet. The needle is just floating around in there...Part 27 is the one that's missing,
              #27 looks like the needle jet and not the pilot jet. The needle jet is the silvery part that the needle slides in and out of.

#19 looks like the actual pilot jet. I can't imagine the engine running at all without the pilot jet so you probably mean the needle jet when your saying pilot jet.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                #27 looks like the needle jet and not the pilot jet. The needle jet is the silvery part that the needle slides in and out of.

#19 looks like the actual pilot jet. I can't imagine the engine running at all without the pilot jet so you probably mean the needle jet when your saying pilot jet.
                The part that is missing is definitely the one that you circled. Are you sure it's not part #27. Part #19 is the main jet and it actually has the size stamped on it (112.5 or 115) so I know that part is there.

I am calling it the pilot jet because that's what #27 is called in the parts order book

"27: JET, PILOT (12.5)"
                Last edited by stonefry; 08-17-2010, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I just checked Bike Bandit's 2005 750 and they (maybe Suzuki) labeled the parts differently.

Something's definitely wonky between the 600 & the 750 parts fiche.

Well, looks like I can't link the carb tab directly, so you'll need to click on it.

Comment

Uh-oh, guys, what should be the size of main jets on suzu 750f 1994'?

I have number 136 on all of them

Comment

I just checked Bike Bandit's 2005 750 and they (maybe Suzuki) labeled the parts differently.

Something's definitely wonky between the 600 & the 750 parts fiche.

Well, looks like I can't link the carb tab directly, so you'll need to click on it.
                      Oops. Sorry for the confusion. Mine's actually a 600 and the item numbers aren't consistent between the two bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by stonefry View Post
                        Oops. Sorry for the confusion. Mine's actually a 600 and the item numbers aren't consistent between the two bikes.
                        Oh I knew yours was the 600, but I was comparing the parts fiche between the two engine sizes. The parts fiche components discription is suppose to be the same between the two even though the Suzuki part number would be different between the 600 & 750. The needle jet is a needle jet, the pilot jet is the pilot jet no matter the engine size. Bike Bandit has the parts fiche lable differnently for the same part.

I don't think it's their fault as I looked over at Ron Ayers and it is the same over there. Whoever worked up that parts fiche and sent it out to the parts distributors is the one that messed up.

Comment

Oh I knew yours was the 600, but I was comparing the parts fiche between the two engine sizes. The parts fiche components discription is suppose to be the same between the two even though the Suzuki part number would be different between the 600 & 750. The needle jet is a needle jet, the pilot jet is the pilot jet no matter the engine size. Bike Bandit has the parts fiche lable differnently for the same part.

I don't think it's their fault as I looked over at Ron Ayers and it is the same over there. Whoever worked up that parts fiche and sent it out to the parts distributors is the one that messed up.
                          Now I'm confused. Whatever it's called, Item #27 is definitely the part that I need and that's what I ordered. Hopefully it's the right one. We'll find out Thursday or Friday when it shows up at the dealership.

Comment

As long as you get the right part, all is good.

Comment

As long as you get the right part, all is good.
                              Wrong part

Bike out of commission for another week

3 parts on the breakdown are transposed on the schematic for the '04-'06 Katana. 27, 19, and 16.

Comment

Working...
                              X