X

bandit 1200 carb on a 750f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandit 1200 carb on a 750f

what would happen if i put a bandit 1200 carb on my 750f? i checked the manuals and the jets are different but the carb looks the same.

thanks

im pretty sure that the carbs are different sizes. so you would have to switch the boots on too but why not jut put the whole engine in?
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990gsx 600 View Post
      im pretty sure that the carbs are different sizes. so you would have to switch the boots on too but why not jut put the whole engine in?
      i only need carbs

Comment

pretty sure they are both 36mm carbs so i dont think the boots will be the problem. maybe use the stock 750 jetting in them
        Chrome Project Part 1
        http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

What years? I know my 95 Kat has BST36SS carbs and the 2001 Bandit 1200 has 36mm CV carbs. Not sure of the model. If the spacing is the same (i.e. the carbs line up with the cylinder intakes) you should be able to get them to work just fine. OTOH, if they don't line up then you're in for a whole bunch of hassles. Do your research. If you can find BST36SS carbs off of anything then worst case is you might have to swap some external parts to line everything up. That shouldn't be too bad of a job as long as you keep track of all the parts!
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            What years? I know my 95 Kat has BST36SS carbs and the 2001 Bandit 1200 has 36mm CV carbs. Not sure of the model. If the spacing is the same (i.e. the carbs line up with the cylinder intakes) you should be able to get them to work just fine. OTOH, if they don't line up then you're in for a whole bunch of hassles. Do your research. If you can find BST36SS carbs off of anything then worst case is you might have to swap some external parts to line everything up. That shouldn't be too bad of a job as long as you keep track of all the parts!
            the kat is a 2000 and the carbs are 03 i believe. both are bst36ss

Comment

I'd go for it then. If they're both BST36SS then worst case is use the assembly and choke rails as well as the fuel and vent tubes from the Kat. That'll have the spacing right. You might have to use the butterfly shafts from the Kat, too if they won't line up. First thing to try is mating them up as is. Never know, you might not have to do anything to them at all! (Except swap jets, that is.)
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                I'd go for it then. If they're both BST36SS then worst case is use the assembly and choke rails as well as the fuel and vent tubes from the Kat. That'll have the spacing right. You might have to use the butterfly shafts from the Kat, too if they won't line up. First thing to try is mating them up as is. Never know, you might not have to do anything to them at all! (Except swap jets, that is.)

except swap jets... that was what i was looking for . . . i wanted to avoid buying any jets. my carbs need new emulsion tubes but going this bandit carb route would have been cheaper, if i didn't need to change the jets . . .

Comment

Working...
                X