X

exhaust for 2001 katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust for 2001 katana 750

Hello I'm koleson and am new to katriders. I have an 01 750 and am looking for an exhaust with a good tone. I know they are all over the web too buy but I don't want to buy one then not like the sound. So if anyone has any oppions please let me know. Also I know re-jetting is a good idea when getting a new exhaust so if anyone knows what size jets to use I would appreciate it.

Hindle and Two Brothers both sound awesome, in my opinion. Yoshimura makes some nice sounding pipes, and they have proven themselves to be a great company as far as customer service is concerned, so I'd most likely get a Yosh if I were looking for a pipe.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I dont know about the Hindle and Two Brothers but i bought the yoshi for my o2 kat 750,it has a nice sound at idle and even up to 5rpms...BUT at 6/ 7 RPMS it Screams!

Now my wife bought the 2 brothers on here 250 ninja and its awesome but smaller engine with 2 pipes not sure if it would sound the same on the kat but if it did i would buy one in a heart beat lol.

Also check out youtube they have many kats with every pipe you can get ..But hard to tell the real sound with a camera mic but might give you an idea on what you might like

Comment

Hindlllllllle
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Have any of you re-jetted the carbs after the exhaust?

Comment

I have a Yoshi on my 02 Kat - sounds great!
            OldYella
            2002 Katana 600

My Katana Project
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103012
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Koleson View Post
              Have any of you re-jetted the carbs after the exhaust?

I didn't rejet after the yoshi install and i see no problems yet..im around 7k miles since the install.

Comment

Hindle hands down.....

the two bros sounds nice as well (almost the same) but at 2X the $ i'll stick with Hindle
                I have a 16" hindle super sport on mine. its a very deep sounding pipe.
                The New Yoshi is ok as well, better then the pipes from a couple years ago, but they are still high pitched pipes.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

So hindle has a deep tone? What about at higher rpms?

Comment

Originally posted by bishop403 View Post
                    I didn't rejet after the yoshi install and i see no problems yet..im around 7k miles since the install.

I heard that you **HAD** to re-jet after installing a slip on.

That's one reason I haven't done it, is the cost of paying some dude to re-jet

"You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

Comment

What do you guys think about sebring exhaust? I have one, a golden one! =)

Comment

Originally posted by Tushaar View Post
                        What do you guys think about sebring exhaust? I have one, a golden one! =)
                        We don't get any cool exhausts over here in the states, just the mass produced ones.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Fitted a yoshi rs3 slip-on to my 98 750 no jet kit runs great! but not a deep sounding pipe at higher revs, but for preformance there background in pipes is proven over many years, JMO.

Comment

have a D&D on mine sounds great!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X