Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Read the manual…

Originally posted by 1990gsx 600 View Post
      does he have screw type shims??? mine look the same so im wondering cuz i plan i to doa valve adjustment and im wondering if i have to buy new shims or not
      There ain't no shims in there, just follow the Haynes manual closely.

Comment

600's have shims.
        750's have nut adjusters.

There may be one or two years of the 600 motors with nuts... but they weren't common.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          600's have shims.
          750's have nut adjusters.

There may be one or two years of the 600 motors with nuts... but they weren't common.

A 600 with nuts
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Startup, postponed…

Seems I was too hasty and spoil't some carb seals, found out just as I was adding some gas for the first start up. Carbs started to leak an' I din't want a Bar-B-Q'd Kat in da garage. Another week waitin for dem parts…
            Meantime these came in da mail. I'm an old man an I get carpel numbness easy. So I put gel grips on and bought some end weights off one of dose Hiyababy's. These are full of LED, an just as heavy as LED ZEPPELIN I. (that dates me).
            See here, da big Hiyababy's on the left, stock in the middle, and da little one's what some squid put on dere.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
              Could it be the exhaust camshaft walking or knocking sideways?
              Thanks.
              Unlikely

Comment

Working...
              X