X

OK, rod knock?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that thing is really wiped!
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

holy moly... whats the milage on that ?
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

That blows... hope you can find a used cam, new ones are like $300 each. Good time to ungrade to GSXR cams though!
        Last edited by HemiKat; 08-08-2010, 04:29 PM.
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

No upgrade, just stock replacement…

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
          That blows... hope you can find a used cam, new ones are like $300 each. Good time to ungrade to GSXR cams though!
          I donno about upgrading to a hotter cam. I'm sure I'd have to upgrade the whole intake-exhaust system too. It don't work to just change one link in the chain.
          I bought some used cams on eBay, cause Momma needs a man her own age.
          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
            I donno about upgrading to a hotter cam. I'm sure I'd have to upgrade the whole intake-exhaust system too. It don't work to just change one link in the chain.
            I bought some used cams on eBay, cause Momma needs a man her own age.
            Bill
            It's fine to upgrade just the cams. In the Katana, Suzuki did exactly the opposite: taking the 88-89 GSXR750 engine and fitting really weak cams to it. So by fitting the GSXR cams, you're just undoing what they did when they neutered it.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Waited 2 weeks for this…

As usual, a 2 week wait for every part. Now I can put the bike back together.
              Have a look at these:
              Last edited by buffalobill; 08-20-2010, 05:03 PM. Reason: 2nd beer…

Comment

haha nice , seriously how many km on that engine ?
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Milage…Km…

Only 17,000 mi.
                  I'm replacing the intake cam as well, after seeing pitting on a couple lobes.
                  Bill

Comment

Only 17,000 mi.
                    I'm replacing the intake cam as well, after seeing pitting on a couple lobes.
                    Bill
                    Dont forget assembly lube or atleast coat the new cam in oil before you run it.

Comment

Have I been there?

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                      Dont forget assembly lube or atleast coat the new cam in oil before you run it.
                      Is that road in your avatar located in NJ? Reminds me of a road I was on back in the late '70s.
                      It took me 5 tries to get the cams timed right. 2 tries to figure out for myself that the 600 cams I was putting in had smaller sprockets, but no damage done.
                      3 tries just to move the cam chain over 1 tooth, DUH?. I finally put a twist tie on the chain pin I wanted to put on the arrow.
                      Valve cover on and compression test shows all is good.
                      The rest will be easy.
                      Bill

Comment

Is that road in your avatar located in NJ? Bill
                        Im not sure really, I was ready another persons blog about his road trip and this was one of his pictures. I couldnt help but steal it.

Comment

Is that road in your avatar located in NJ? Reminds me of a road I was on back in the late '70s.
                          It took me 5 tries to get the cams timed right. 2 tries to figure out for myself that the 600 cams I was putting in had smaller sprockets, but no damage done.
                          3 tries just to move the cam chain over 1 tooth, DUH?. I finally put a twist tie on the chain pin I wanted to put on the arrow.
                          Valve cover on and compression test shows all is good.
                          The rest will be easy.
                          Bill
                          You should always use the sprockets from your engine, not the sprockets that come with the cams. I hope they have the same number of teeth, or you may find yourself in a world of trouble very shortly.

Comment

Bill, just so you know, the 600 Kats use a different rocker arm than the 750/1100 rockers. The spacing on the adjuster screw centerlines are NARROWER on the 600 rockers. I hope you got a 750 or 1100 new rocker arm. Ray.
                            85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
                              Bill, just so you know, the 600 Kats use a different rocker arm than the 750/1100 rockers. The spacing on the adjuster screw centerlines are NARROWER on the 600 rockers. I hope you got a 750 or 1100 new rocker arm. Ray.
                              Not to hijack, but I haven't seen you around much, Ray. How ya been? I thought you had abandoned this site altogether!

Comment

does he have screw type shims??? mine look the same so im wondering cuz i plan i to doa valve adjustment and im wondering if i have to buy new shims or not
                                time to nut up or shut up
                                Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                                The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X