No announcement yet.
X

valve adjustment question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes it much easier to understand.

Thanks.

Comment

I will need to do this to my 06 Katana 600 soon. Is there any other good instructions out there?
      Roops Photography|facebook|
      03 GSXR 1000
      04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
      Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Originally posted by professorman View Post
        I will need to do this to my 06 Katana 600 soon. Is there any other good instructions out there?

look at the post above with pictures. That's pretty much how to do it. Go to the wiki and download the service manual for a how-to. Click on This Link for another how-to. Then search for valve adjustment on this forum....lots of info available...

Comment

After awhile, you can probably go 10k mile between checks, maybe even more.
          i got my 1100 with 4100 miles. I checked the valves, most were within spec, three were way lose. I adjusted everything to mid spec, even the ones that were in spec (might have been lose or tight end of spec, but I tried to make all the same).
          Check them 4500 miles later, one was slightly loose. I adjusted.
          About 6000 miles later, checked them, all are in spec.
          Checked them again 6000 miles later, all are where they were when i check them last time.
          F- it, it'll be at least 10k miles before I check them again. These valves have taken a set and I don't see them suddenly going loose or tight.
          Maybe these motors take 15k miles to fully break in, who knows, I'll spend the time riding.

Comment

Working...
          X