2 hoses off of fuel tank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 hoses off of fuel tank?

1989 Katana 600 problem:

I took my gas tank off and noticed that there are 2 hoses coming off of the tank that I believe are vacuum hoses. The thing is, they arent attached to anything one the other side. What are they supposed to be attached to? They are not hoses attached to the petcock. One is attached to a fitting on the bottom of the tank, and the other is attached to a fitting on the fuel tank sender.

somebody help me out please.

-Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Drain lines, not vacuum lines... one end is not attatched to anything.

krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Is it a California model Kat? There are some extra emissions crap involved.

Comment

Small hoses are either a vacuum line to the carb or just overflow lines.

Comment

Originally posted by EODA View Post
            Is it a California model Kat? There are some extra emissions crap involved.
            Only 1 line difference on the tank from CA model to Non CA model... A 3rd line comes off the tank for the CA model in addition to the 2 he asked about, that connectes with the emisions stuff. Both style tanks have the 2 he asked about.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I stand corrected. Has anyone done a conversion away from the CA version?

Comment

I stand corrected. Has anyone done a conversion away from the CA version?

Yes, My bike was formally a CA emmisions bike, it is no longer....

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

hmmm... what was involved in that? I gotta get my bike through AZ emissions, maybe I can follow your de-emissioning in reverse and get it through...

Comment

Originally posted by bodabing View Post
                    hmmm... what was involved in that? I gotta get my bike through AZ emissions, maybe I can follow your de-emissioning in reverse and get it through...

If they do any exhaust testing, do NOT mess with the CA emmisions stuff.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

California does do smog testing, however, motorcycles are not required to be smogged for registration purposes.

Comment

California does do smog testing, however, motorcycles are not required to be smogged for registration purposes.
                        Phoenix (Maricopa County) has exhaust testing and it's required for registration.

I'm pretty sure Maricopa County is the only county in the US that requires full emissions on motorcycles. It's completely absurd since even bikes with bad emissions put out fractions the amount of CO as a Hummer which are all over our streets.

There was a bill on the docket to exempt motorcycles from emissions testing which was supposed to go into effect July 1, 2010, but it got an extension until 2012 because the EPA didn't get their testing done on time
                        Last edited by bodabing; 07-14-2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

It's completely absurd since even bikes with bad emissions put out fractions the amount of CO as a Hummer which are all over our streets.
                            Bikes put out about 10x more oxides of nitrogen than cars.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Phoenix (Maricopa County) has exhaust testing and it's required for registration.

I'm pretty sure Maricopa County is the only county in the US that requires full emissions on motorcycles. It's completely absurd since even bikes with bad emissions put out fractions the amount of CO as a Hummer which are all over our streets.

There was a bill on the docket to exempt motorcycles from emissions testing which was supposed to go into effect July 1, 2010, but it got an extension until 2012 because the EPA didn't get their testing done on time
                              Wow. That is the first time I've heard of a county going so far past state regulations. What a pain in the ***. I look forward to going back to my home state.

Comment

Working...
                              X