X

Am I getting hosed ? lol !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I getting hosed ? lol !

I'm assuming when changing fuel line rubber hose, it's o.k. to get correct size hose at an automotive store to replace them. Yes?No? Thoughts anyone ?..............

yes it's fine to get regular fuel hose from a parts house as long as it's the correct size.
    sigpic
    2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
    2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

It works fine (that's what I use) but you probably won't find the exact size at an autoparts store. I think I ended up using 5/16 IIRC, but it's not a real tight fit on the carbs. It's also kind of a PITA to get that thick automotive fuel line routed correctly and not kink it.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

yeah I just cut a bit of mine off and took it with me to the Advance Auto Parts and said gimmie a few feet of this

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

just be sure to get the right kind as well as the right size. line for carbs doesn't/isn't rated for the same internal pressures as fuel line rated for injected systems, therefore it's not as stiff. then if you want to get real picky there's the difference between hose for flex fuel and pure fuel,,, but i don't want to open that barrel of monkeys here.
          Carpie Diem!

Comment

The auto stuff is REALLY thick walled and a pain to use. Do yourself a favor. Hit up the local dealership...they'll have a reel of Motion Pro or other motorcycle fuel line, and it's not too pricey either.

Comment

Working...
            X