Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Choke lever/cable stuck ?!?!?!?!?!?!? Please help !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke lever/cable stuck ?!?!?!?!?!?!? Please help !

HEY GUYS
    THE CHOKE LEVER HAS BEEN WORKING FINE, BUT LATELY ITS BEEN GETTING HARDER AND HADER TO MOVE. THIS WEEK I CANT EVEN MOVE IT AT ALL, AND I DONT WANT TO FORCT IT , AS I DO NT WANT TO BREAK ANYTHING.
    DO YOU THINK I NEED TO REPLACE THE CABLE, OR CLEAN THE CABLE AND OIL IT? ...AND HOW DO I DO THAT?
    THANKS ALOT IN ADVANCE!
    (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

does the choke assembly on the carb move easily?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesm113 View Post
      does the choke assembly on the carb move easily?
      That is my question exactly too. Is the cable bad or is it the choke assembly itself on the top of the carbs? You can find the choke assembly toward the top of the carbs on the "engine" side (not the airbox side). See if that is binding. If not, check out your cable.

Comment

Hmmm, I was sure, as i didnt take the fairings or tank off yet. Q. : if i follow the cable , will it lead me to the assembly by the carbs?
        ty

Originally posted by pellet View Post
        That is my question exactly too. Is the cable bad or is it the choke assembly itself on the top of the carbs? You can find the choke assembly toward the top of the carbs on the "engine" side (not the airbox side). See if that is binding. If not, check out your cable.

Comment

The cable is probably either frozen (rusted) or rusted through.

Lubricate and inspect the cable.... probably replace it.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Gr8, thanx man. I ve been looking for the cable, but have not found it any where. Any ideas where i can order 1 before i go to the stealership? Thanks
            2001 750 kat

Comment

i got a choke cable at a local bike shop for 25 or so. while my cable was off, i would use needle nose plyers to hold open the choke slide until the bike got running well enough to let it go
              Originally posted by Slofuze:
              Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

HS2020 sells cables. Also ronayers.com, bikebandit.com etc.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

just replace it... my 01 had one that rusted stuck.

See My Garage for mods...
                  T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                  Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Agreed. Buying cable lube and the clamp to put it over the cable costs as much as a new cable!
                    Although I went to a local shop to see if they had a replacement cable and they offered to lube the cable for free! Gotta love people who aren't just looking for a buck!

Comment

My 01 choke cable was stuck at one point too. I had to mess with the carbs anyway so I just soaked it down good and let it sit while doing the carb work. It worked but it was a bit of a pain.

On my bike, if I reach down on the left side though the hole in the fairing I can push on my choke assembly - you might be able to reach in there and pull on the assembly to see if it moves easily for you - although if the cable is stuck, it might make it hard to move anyway.

Comment

GREAT, THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT, JUST ORDERED A NEW OEM CHOKE CABLE ($25)AND CLUTCH CABLE($20) FROM the SUZUKI DEALER. NOW I JUST HAVE TO FIGURE OUT, HOW TO INSTALL THEM ...

Comment

Working...
                        X