X

Clutch Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Problem

Clutch problem. I just got an '05 Kat and don't have my license yet so I haven't ridden it yet, just moved while in 1st gear. It is also my first bike and I'm learning the ins and outs. I will be taking the safety course this weekend.

With the side stand up and the bike in 1st gear, if I start it, the bike wants to move forward as if the clutch isn't fully engaged. Is this normal, or do I need to adjust the clutch.

Not sure what you mean. Learn to ride first , maybe you will figure it out.
    sigpic

RIP CP
    50th Anniv R6
    95 Katana 600
    http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

how much does it want to move forward , like does it hop forward and then rests or does it continue to move forward until you turn then engine off ?

a couple of things I can think of is:

wore down clutch
      broken clutch wire
      wrong type of engine oil.
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Cold the bike could want to jump a little.
        I was just noticing how had it is to push my bike in gear with the clutch in..
        Clutch in those plates are still only separated by a fraction of an inch. add a little cold oil and.. well you know. Try grabbing some front brake.

I have no interlock on my clutch but my body, after 17 years, never hits the starter button with out the clutch and brake in. Even if I'm not on the bike.

Comment

yeah cold bike will be like that, recomend changing the oil so u kno you got the right stuff in there...
          sigpic "never ride without all the proper gear"

Comment

normal for the lurch forward

Comment

Ok, thanks guys. It doesn't jump. Just gently wants to move forward. I will do an oil change before I start riding next week as I don't know what's in there or for how long.

Comment

with an oil change the problem will fade away the mor you ride it...
                sigpic "never ride without all the proper gear"

Comment

Originally posted by stonefry View Post
                  Ok, thanks guys. It doesn't jump. Just gently wants to move forward. I will do an oil change before I start riding next week as I don't know what's in there or for how long.
                  Sounds like you need to do a clutch cable adjustment. There's instructions somewhere around here. Maybe on the wiki or something. Mine used to have the 'creep', but the clutch adjustment solved all that. If you're going to change up the oil, check out the Rotella T6 Synthetic, it's pretty awesome and when I had sticking clutch plates, that oil 'smoothed' it all out.
                  Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Working...
                  X