Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Did I waste my money on this chain lube??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I waste my money on this chain lube??

Hey,

So I was going to go with Dupon Teflon chain lube (SPRAY).

I made a purchase on BikeBandit and accidentally bought this stuff, instead..big surprise when I opened the box, should have paid more attention the picture associated with the item, the picture here:

Blah.

I haven't checked yet - at work, but I'm going to take a guess that this stuff comes out like paste. Can I actually use this stuff? The chemical make-up should be the same, and lots of reviews list chain lube as usage in the reviews/comments. I'm guessing since it's more viscous it'll fling more rather than evap like a spray will.

Though how do I put this on? can't just spray it on good like I could if I bought the spray version...

Did I waste my money or can I use this stuff? I bought 3 bottles of it.

Should have just done what my friend does on his R1 and just use 90 weight gear oil and let it sit overnight on a hot chain..
    '97 Civic EX - Secondary car
    '97 GSX 750F (Katana) - sold
    '04 Yamaha R1 - sold
    '82 CM450 - Carb problems :'(
    '05 SRT4 - Daily/AutoX monster

I use it and have 4 cans of it, the spray cans . i use it almost every time i ride . It has great reviews , i made a cut out board to slide between the back of the rim so i dont spray my rims .. Im very happy with it cause it cleans and dont fling at all .i use kerasone and wipe the chain off every 800- 1000 miles then apply it .

Comment

I use it as well and am very happy with it.
      sigpic

Comment

That will work fine. Make sure you shake it up well so it mixes...

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
          I use it and have 4 cans of it, the spray cans . i use it almost every time i ride . It has great reviews , i made a cut out board to slide between the back of the rim so i dont spray my rims .. Im very happy with it cause it cleans and dont fling at all .i use kerasone and wipe the chain off every 800- 1000 miles then apply it .
          You lube your chain every single time you ride?? Seems a bit excessive..

I know the spray works great, that's what I meant to buy, I'm saying that I accidentally bought the "paste" or whatever this is - will THAT work, is my question.

I'm assuming the chemical make-up is pretty close to that of the spray so it should lube as good...but it's also more viscous therefore will most likely fling more as well as not get into all the crevices as well as a spray will.. I just want to know if the stuff I linked to in the picture (in paste form) is useless..as I got 3 cans of it in my room now.

Originally posted by ctandc
          That will work fine. Make sure you shake it up well so it mixes...
          How do you apply something that thick? You can't exactly just spray it on, should I just ooze it on and paint it in with something (if so, what, as I hear some brushes are bad for O-ring chains)?

---------------------------------

My problem isn't with the chemical, that is what I meant to buy, it's the form factor, I meant to buy spray, from the looks of things I bought a paste.
          '04 Yamaha R1 - sold

Comment

go drop 17 k on a new machine and dont take care of it ... my things are extra cared for , and the chain should last 20-30 k miles .

Comment

In the reviews below it, somebody even says they prefer the bottle instead of the spray for lubing their chain...... I'm sure you'll be fine. I would have guessed it would be a liquid in there.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
                go drop 17 k on a new machine and dont take care of it ... my things are extra cared for , and the chain should last 20-30 k miles .
                LoL - What does that have to do with this?

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                In the reviews below it, somebody even says they prefer the bottle instead of the spray for lubing their chain...... I'm sure you'll be fine. I would have guessed it would be a liquid in there.
                Wow.

I just opened up the package and squired some in the sink...it's a liquid...same viscosity as water...not a paste like I expected given the bottle shape (was thinking something similar to glue).

Well I feel like the epic retard of the century...thanks guys !

Now my right arm is bashed to ****ing hell and there's no way I'll be able to get it on the center stand to do this..blahhh. I have a hard enough time putting it on the center stand when I'm 100%. Guess I'ma go to harbor freight and see if they have a swing arm jack..

EDIT:
                PS:
                There's no thread solved thread tool? Or Kudos? Nothing .
                Last edited by Syndacate; 06-19-2010, 04:28 PM.
                '04 Yamaha R1 - sold

Comment

Working...
                X