X

Project Dirty Girl turns near death experience

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
    OK, I did some measuring on my 98+ filter and knowing what I know about Suzuki, I think it'll fit. So rip Rexazz's off his bike and try it. Part # 16510-03G00-X07 Or buy one and if it don't fit, I'll buy it off you, or I can ride over with the one I have here to try.
    If I'm right, the nipple would be metric and would be 20mm X 1mm which is a ******* size.
    I might actually be in Kitchener tonight.
    I had a spare for my 04 and we tried that ,threads are way to fine but that can size would work
    I was able to get a pitch gauge in there and a flash light and I really think it is a 3/4-16 thread
    We pulled the cooler line that is directly under(left in picture) and the stock filter will then go on (stock filter is 3/4-16 for 85-87 GSXR)

Bill
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Is that nipple threaded into the case. Maybe you could swap it out to make a different filter work.
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Glad everyone is okay but that sucks. Such a frustrating setback. I know too how happy you were to finally be getting it back on the road.

Comment

The Oil pan doesn't look kat-familliar to me. I have one out in the garage... I'll try to remember to get a picture of it.

I'm fairly certain, that on the kat oil pan the fittings are off to the sides more.

What's the exhaust? 4 into 2? or 4 into 1?
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Shouldn't have too many problems finding a filter to fit a fairly standard 3/4" X 16 nipple. Maybe Gord just over powered the treads and f'd them up?
            2000 Katana 600
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Is that nipple threaded into the case. Maybe you could swap it out to make a different filter work.
              everyone I have ever seen had a hex hole in the center , this one doesnt otherwise we would likely went that wway

Shouldn't have too many problems finding a filter to fit a fairly standard 3/4" X 16 nipple. Maybe Gord just over powered the treads and f'd them up?
              We retried a filter the same as the one that blew off , way to sloppy of a fit when you actually are looking for a problem

I think we won the battle

I cross referenced the Suzuki # to a Wix filter and the outer diameter of the can is small enough to clear the cooler line
              I went to see Gord on the way home from work and it fit the threads well but did not have tons of room to spare

Hopefully no more Gremlins with project dirtygirl
              Last edited by rexazz2; 06-18-2010, 04:00 PM.

Comment

What's the exhaust? 4 into 2? or 4 into 1?
                4 into 1 Steve...

Rexazz rocks

Sunday will be the next test ride :
                Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

OK I'm off on my 2nd test ride...I'm riding it this time. Everything looks/sounds good on the bike. The new filter fits.

I'm kinda nervous though - hopefully that will subside when I feel more confident with the bike. Wish me luck! Love you guys in case I haven't told you lately

Comment

Good luck!
                    -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Steve! I'm back in one piece. My license plate was the only thing that flew off. Luckily Rexazz was riding behind me and found it (beside a pile of roadkill

Ran pretty good but still needs some tweeking (steering nut needs to be tightened) I felt some clunking while braking.

and...it keeps wanting to stall when I stop at a light (when the engine is hot)

So there's still a couple more bugs to get out of it...then
                      Last edited by Batgirl; 06-20-2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl View Post
                        Thanks Steve! I'm back in one piece. My license plate was the only thing that flew off. Luckily Rexazz was riding behind me and found it (beside a pile of roadkill

Ran pretty good but still needs some tweeking (steering nut needs to be tightened) I felt some clunking while braking.

and...it keeps wanting to stall when I stop at a light (when the engine is hot)

So there's still a couple more bugs to get out of it...then
                        I came up with this theory on BG's bike while we rode today LMAO

Munchausen by proxy syndrome (MBPS) is a relatively uncommon condition that involves the exaggeration or fabrication of illnesses or symptoms by a primary caretaker. One of the most harmful forms of child abuse, MBPS was named after Baron von Munchausen, an 18th-century German dignitary known for telling outlandish stories.
                        About MBPS

In MBPS, an individual — usually a mother — deliberately makes another person (most often his or her own preschool child) sick or convinces others that the person is sick. The parent or caregiver misleads others into thinking that the child has medical problems by lying and reporting fictitious episodes. He or she may exaggerate, fabricate, or induce symptoms. As a result, doctors usually order tests, try different types of medications, and may even hospitalize the child or perform surgery to determine the cause.
                        Typically, the perpetrator feels satisfied by gaining the attention and sympathy of doctors, nurses, and others who come into contact with him or her and the child. Some experts believe that it isn't just the attention that's gained from the "illness" of the child that drives this behavior, but also the satisfaction in being able to deceive individuals that they consider to be more important and powerful than themselves.
                        Because the parent or caregiver appears to be so caring and attentive, often no one suspects any wrongdoing. A perplexing aspect of the syndrome is the ability of the parent or caregiver to fool and manipulate doctors. Frequently, the perpetrator is familiar with the medical profession and is very good at fooling the doctors. Even the most experienced doctors can miss the meaning of the inconsistencies in the child's symptoms. It's not unusual for medical personnel to overlook the possibility of MBPS because it goes against the belief that a parent or caregiver would never deliberately hurt his or her child.
                        Children who are

Comment

-Steve

sigpic

Comment

MBPS

I was around your area today, took the MIL to Royal to grab a tail bag and get some more miles under her belt. There were a few "she's going down" moments witnessed in my mirrors, but amazing she pulled through them all.
                            I got out of Royal without lightening my wallet this time around.
                            She picked up a Gears Navigator tail bag for $84 CDN.

2000 Katana 600
                            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

MBPS

I was around your area today, took the MIL to Royal to grab a tail bag and get some more miles under her belt. There were a few "she's going down" moments witnessed in my mirrors, but amazing she pulled through them all.
                              I got out of Royal without lightening my wallet this time around.
                              She picked up a Gears Navigator tail bag for $84 CDN.
                              http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-Tail-Bag.aspx
                              Dave ,I some how missed the MIL reference way back then
                              I guess if she doesnt get hurt and keeps getting back on she got some balls
                              I am wondering if you got some extra insurance on her

Comment

Working...
                              X