X

Engine cutout under hard throttle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine cutout under hard throttle

So ever since my carb rebuild, I've had this funny problem.

Right now the bike is in the garage up on the centerstand. I just just completed a carb sync and the A/F screws are set to 3 turns out. After letting the bike warm up, I give it some throttle. If I twist slowly, it revs up as expected. If I give it a good hard twist, however, the engine cuts out.

I know the jetting doesn't match the exhaust (stock jetting, VH SS exhaust), but it didn't do this before (even at stock A/F screw setting). Btw if anyone has a pre 750 stock exhaust, I'm looking to buy one.

Other things:
    -cut the spark plug wires to ensure good contact
    -Oil changed about 100 miles back
    -no gas smell from oil
    -all 4 pipes get evenly hot

Thanks for your input.
    1993 GSX750F

without referring to my favorite carb tuning guide i would check float hight
    to get it running perfect follow this guide
    Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

Insufficient fuel flow to the carbs... probably a float height issue, but could also be a kinked line, clogged fuel flow, etc...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Krey, I'll try the float heights again. I realize after some research I shouldn't have adjusted the height just by turning the carbs upside down...
        1993 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
        X