X

Stock HP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock HP

Hey guys can anyone tell me the stock HP for a pre and a post 600? I am getting conflicting info online.

Thanks

Originally posted by chrislen32 View Post
    Hey guys can anyone tell me the stock HP for a pre and a post 600? I am getting conflicting info online.

Thanks
    does it really matters???
    you don`t know how many of yours have gone

go have a ride and don`t think of useless facts
    Live to ride,
    Ride KATANA!

Comment

Originally posted by chemomche View Post
      does it really matters???
      you don`t know how many of yours have gone

go have a ride and don`t think of useless facts

what a useless answer.

to give a answer that might actually assist you, your best bet is going to be a dyno. As for conflicting info on line that all depends on what company's dyno you use as some vary.

My research usually has it about 78 hp

Comment

The pre-600 has 86hp. Not sure about the post, but i would imagine it is close to that

Comment

Originally posted by Idrivetoys View Post
          what a useless answer.

to give a answer that might actually assist you, your best bet is going to be a dyno. As for conflicting info on line that all depends on what company's dyno you use as some vary.

My research usually has it about 78 hp
          Originally posted by diesel View Post
          The pre-600 has 86hp. Not sure about the post, but i would imagine it is close to that
          Thanks guys, helps me out a lot. I Appreciate you taking this question seriously.

Take care.

Comment

Thanks guys, helps me out a lot. I Appreciate you taking this question seriously.

Take care.

ok, why you need this?
            go to a dyno and check your bike hp....you do this if you will do some upgrates and want to check the result afterwords

and HP aren`t everything
            this is the max power you bike can reach at an exact range of rmp
            it can do 200 hp at 11 500 rpm but only 100hp at 10 000 rpm
            so what...you will always run at this rpm
            Live to ride,
            Ride KATANA!

Comment

Different year bikes had different setups in more than just pre/post '98... '88/'89s were completely different jetting to the '90s, which were different to the 91's and used different carbs etc. etc. so a straight comparison of BHP by one group of bike years and another group of bike years isn't going to give you the most helpful answer.

It's kind of a silly question given the lack of info you're giving us and that this is probably something that a quick google will answer you anyway by putting ~THIS~ http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-series/GSX600F.shtml at the top of the results.

And also +1 at this
              HP aren`t everything
              this is the max power you bike can reach at an exact range of rmp
              it can do 200 hp at 11 500 rpm but only 100hp at 10 000 rpm
              so what...you will always run at this rpm
              Last edited by Wolfe_UK; 06-10-2010, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Everyone is dismantling this question and analyzing it way too much. It was simply a question out of curiosity for personal knowledge. I had read conflicting information online and simply wanted an approximation of HP to compare between pre and post models. The two guys who gave me actual figures answered the question best bottom line and I thank them for that.

Furthermore (and not to be confrontational) people come to this forum for information because it is a wealth of knowledge supported by a large group of people who share similar interests. We are all on the same team here and it doesn't do much good to jump down someones throat for asking a rookie question or not providing enough background info. I'm new to all this and learning. If I'm doing it wrong just let me know, I'm open to conversation. Thanks again for the help.

Take care
                Last edited by chrislen32; 06-10-2010, 09:15 AM. Reason: Incorrect usage of a word

Comment

sorry if it looked like i jumped on your throat, no hard feelings

and yes...there are different data on the web....i thing it has something to do with the different modes, country restrictions(US models, UK models, California and so)
                  so there are 5-10hp difference

i just wanted to say that it is not so important what the statistic says
                  Live to ride,
                  Ride KATANA!

Comment

sorry if it looked like i jumped on your throat, no hard feelings

and yes...there are different data on the web....i thing it has something to do with the different modes, country restrictions(US models, UK models, California and so)
                    so there are 5-10hp difference

i just wanted to say that it is not so important what the statistic says
                    Oh definitely no hard feelings no worries. I still appreciate any answers I'm getting. Thanks for the response.

Comment

my dyno result on my old 90 600 engine 75rwhp, which wasnt stock by any means(list of mods in top left corner of pic). it was running rich but gives you an idea. this was dyno'd at Brock Performance

Last edited by mreedohio; 06-10-2010, 11:01 AM.
                      Chrome Project Part 1
                      http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

I think he wants to know if the newer Katanas are more powerful. I don't know, but I'd imagine they're about the same.

Comment

Realistically, expect around 60-70hp out of any Katana 600. The 750s are around 100.
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Everyone is dismantling this question and analyzing it way too much.
                            Sorry about that, but it's one of those ones where you come looking for a simple answer and at the end of the day it's a slightly more complex question than you might think..

The important thing is that a useful answer generally does rise from the thread in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
                              Sorry about that, but it's one of those ones where you come looking for a simple answer and at the end of the day it's a slightly more complex question than you might think..

The important thing is that a useful answer generally does rise from the thread in the end.
                              Haha agreed sorry to open a can of worms but thanks for the help.

And mreed thanks for the dyno.

Comment

Working...
                              X