X

fork seals?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fork seals?

the previous owner of my bike supposedly replaced the fork seals. My buddy who used to race told me they looked fairly new...Now 6 months later I have one leaking again. How long do they normally last, and what could cause them to start leaking prematurely??
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

pits in the surface of the upper slider to much oil or slamming the front end down after a wheelie
    1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

I don't do wheelies....yet...how bout excessive weight
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Comment

um maybe
        1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mattaua View Post
          I don't do wheelies....yet...how bout excessive weight
          I wouldn't think so unless you bottom out the forks with to much oil in them.
          I would change the oil or at least verify the quantity and if it's bottoming out think about the $1 fork tune up on this site. At least that would pre-load it a bit and perhaps stop the bottoming until you can get a heavier front springs.
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
          Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
          R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
          1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
          RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
          3BBB turn signal mirrors,
          Black painted seat and rear trim,
          Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Mine have small pits in the right tube, the seal lasts about 3 months.

Comment

If the bronze sliders are worn they can let the upper flop around in the lower and you'll get leakage as well.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
              X