does not turn over!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does not turn over!

damn! already having trouble!

bought the bike 10days ago (gsx 1100 f 88), got it inspected at the dealer, 185psi on all 4 cyl. and everything engin wise was looking good!
    used the bike for a hole week end...no problems! did not get on the bike for the week, and voila! does not start at all now!

engin cranks, i can smell gas, sometimes little hesitations...but nothing more! yes there is gas in the tank.

carbs were all rebuilted and synced last summer by the dealer.

i have no clue where to start looking. btw i have no experience with mechanics on a bike...

Check the plugs. If they look bad at all replace em. It's not very expensive and could (possibly) be your problem.

Are you sure gas is getting to the carbs? If you have an online fuel filter (hopefully clear) check and see if gas is in it. It could possibly be clogged or resisting fuel flow.

What's the charge like on your battery? A low battery could sometimes be a no start.

Also check the petcock for function. Maybe clean your air filter? That's about all I can think if at the moment
    Last edited by cmurdah; 06-01-2010, 08:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally posted by Slofuze:
    Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

+ 1 on the fully charged battery, you tried it with choke on? Pull the plugs and see if they are fouled.
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
        + 1 on the fully charged battery, you tried it with choke on? Pull the plugs and see if they are fouled.
        def not the batterie...tried with boosting cable linked to my car, and nada...

i was thinking...when i got back from my ride my tank was almost empty...could there have been some deposit at the botom that got sucked in somwhere?! if yes...what do i have to clean?

Comment

so i did my trouble shooting today...gas was getting there no probleme, put in a fully charged batterie...still did not fire up....pull the plugs out, and geeeez! all full of carbon and gas! replaced those and VOILA! runs great again! but i dont get why the plugs all of a sudden craped out on me...

Comment

Remember the plugs have been in the bike for a couple of days while you were trying to start it so they will look extra bad!
            Why they went bad in the first place, who knows. Were they new when you started? If they were marginal and it didn't start right up they could have fouled right there.
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
            Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
            R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
            1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
            RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
            3BBB turn signal mirrors,
            Black painted seat and rear trim,
            Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

no they where not new...so i guess i fouled the plugs...how can i prvent this from happening again?

Comment

Don't let it run on choke any longer than necessary.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                  Don't let it run on choke any longer than necessary.
                  advice taken! thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X