X

tranny shift hard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny shift hard

Hey i'm new to this just got my first kat. When i shift up it seems to be kinda loud coming from the tranny but only when its below about 5,000 and when i down shift sometimes i hear this soft click that just started happening but when i down shift it has always down shifted kinda loud? I heard that kats have a loud motor sound that its just them is this the same kind of issue?

A friend of a friend told my friend making that shift was hard. I'd never go that way...okay, sorry man, just couldn't resist. Hope you get a good answer. Shoot me...today was crazy righteous.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I don't know what "loud" is to you- but you can hear it when the bike shifts, yes. It's not that the Kat has a specifically loud transition between gears, it's just...I dunno...audible.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I've noticed that I have to use a bit more effort to shift up through the gears on the Kat than I did on my Kawasaki but nothing out of the ordinary. I just got mine yesterday and I shifted into neutral instead of second a couple of times in my travels but quickly recovered and made the shift to second before I ran into any major problems.

One similarity that I noticed is that both my Kat and my Kawasaki make almost a "clunk" noise when going from 6th gear to 1st gear (especially going from 2nd down to first through neutral). In my case I just consider it the normal operation of the motorcycle since both bikes do the same thing.

My 4 Wheeled Ride: 2013 Mazda 3
        My 2 Wheeled Ride: 2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Zis Is KAOS! We Don't Shush Here!

Comment

I can't hear my transmission with my ear plugs in...
          2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
          2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
          1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
          1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
          1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
            A friend of a friend told my friend making that shift was hard.
            did my friend tell your about my other friends shift noise was just normal.

Comment

Oh, we're talking transmissions here? I was thinking lifestyles...my bad.

Comment

thanks guys for the ones that actually helped. i would have to say mine is like the ninja with the clunk sound .. untill something really noticiable happens i'll just consider it normal. thanks guys!!!!

Comment

Maybe next time you change your oil pay attention for metal shavings on the plug.

Comment

I apologize.

Comment

I apologize.
                      no need,we all get in those moods every once in awhile.

Comment

Oh, we're talking transmissions here? I was thinking lifestyles...my bad.
                        Have to say, you're not the only one who read "tranny shift hard" as a lifestyle problem xD
                        I guess it's because being English we call them gears/gearboxes here.. A tranny only has one meaning and it's nout to do with your bike

Comment

Johnboy needed some advice though, and all I did (though I just couldn't keep from doing it) was frustrate him. That's what the apology is all about.

Comment

Working...
                          X