X

slip ons, and gear slipping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slip ons, and gear slipping

hello all.. new here, and new to the katana. just picked up a pretty nice 99 750 in midnight blue.. will post some pics later..

problems so far. needs tires ASAP.

also, when i get on it a bit the gears slip like the clutch isnt fully disengaging.. i saw a thread on adjusting the clutch, and making sure to back the screw off 1/4 turn, etc.. i also think an oil change might help solve the problem.. that will be my first action to see what happens..

does anybody else know of this problem with the gears slipping around 6k?

theres only 12k miles on the bike, maybe its time for new clutch maybe not.. the chain is nice, the brakes are good, the plastics are 8.5/10. ordered a two brothers carbon fibre slip on... any tutorials on that install would be great too.. thanks guys!

Hard to say without a picture.

If your clutch slips, adjust it at the lever. If adjustment wont fix it, you need to replace it.

Good luck with your new bike.

Comment

Remember the adjustment at the clutch, and at the lever.
      Fresh oil is also a good idea!
      Do all three there easy.
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
      Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
      R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
      1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
      RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
      3BBB turn signal mirrors,
      Black painted seat and rear trim,
      Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

thanks for the replies. i did adjust it at the lever.. i got rid of most of the wobbly free play, and it is a smoother release from a stop... the clutch does however catch at the last 1/4 inch of the lever release... theres like 3 inches of free play before the gears grab..

what im referring to is under a load, say third gear, doing a nice steady 3rd gear oull at about 5-6 rp it stops pulling and revs almost like its in neutral but it doesnt fly up to redline, it just doesnt pull... i think the clutch might be worn but i could try the oil, and to adjust better down below. i can take that clutch cover off, and nothing pops out at me right?

Comment

Working...
        X