X

bearings going out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearings going out?

I cleaned up the bike today on its center stand. When I was cleaning the back rim, I was free spinning it only to hear a clicking noise at the same spot each turn. The chain and sprockets are new, I re-adjusted them just in case and it is still there. Wheel bearing going bad? Blah, one thing after another I sware..

EDIT: When I loosen the rear wheel the clicking goes away...
    Last edited by TjCase85; 05-20-2010, 12:11 PM.
    2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
    2004 GSXR 600

No one?
    2004 GSXR 600

Comment

chain does click
      If you pull the wheel off you would be able to feel it when you turn the inner race of the bearing
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I think I may have tighted my wheel to tight, can that cause it?
        2004 GSXR 600

Comment

possibly. try backing off on the torque a bit and check again.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

had to change mine out recently. I had a horrible vibration and instability at highway speed.
            When I pulled the chain but left the wheel on and spun it I could hear the clicking when I spun the wheel.
            When I pulled the wheel and the bearings (heating up the wheel/bearings really helped pull them) they popped out pretty easily and were really friggin chewed up!
            I've got a chain and sprockets comming in soon and she'll be running like a top after that!
            Best of luck to you, hope this helped.

Comment

Yeah thanks man, I will get some new ones this week. Its getting a new tire anyyways this week
              2004 GSXR 600

Comment

well do what DansKat did and if the problem persists than its time to change your bearings i would try loosening the bolts a tad bit first though
                time to nut up or shut up
                Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                X