X

float tool

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wismo View Post
    ok I made the float tool here it is Ill try it and report back.
    You cut up an AUTOZONE card?!?! Heretic!

Next time use your wife's or GF's Target card.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Hey BP, thanks for posting the template... I plan on installing a FP jet kit and want to get the float setting bang on... the template will sure help.
      2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
      2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
      1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
      1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Well finally got around to re checking my floats with my autozone home made float tool and they were pretty far off at least a few millieters.

I dont know if my idle problems are cured yet but i suggest any one cheking float height to take the time too make somthing similar its muck easier...
        Im not a carburetor guru.

Comment

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
          Hey BP, thanks for posting the template... I plan on installing a FP jet kit and want to get the float setting bang on... the template will sure help.
          Yeah man... I'm finding I can sketch a drawing, upload it to flickr and post it way faster than describing something..

Comment

Picture is worth 1000 words my friend.
            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

I made mine from credit card material, thick plastic, it was a telus calling card I think. U just have to have it so it fits over the floats and seats on either side on the gasket surface, making the tool acurate was the hardest part for me, but now I've got a few for differant levels
              For sale thread Album
              1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Working...
              X