No announcement yet.
X

170 Rear Tire and CCT spring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got 170/60 Pilot Road, great fit and ride.

Comment

what was the exact tire? lookin for the exact numbering and everything. I've got the 05 Kat and I'm pretty sure it's the same as the 04 correct?

Comment

Originally posted by kfreeman View Post
        what was the exact tire? lookin for the exact numbering and everything. I've got the 05 Kat and I'm pretty sure it's the same as the 04 correct?

should be the same
        it is a Continental ContiRoad Attack 170/60 ZR 17 M/C (72W)
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

awesome thanks!!

Comment

so, I'm guessing from iceman's post that a 170/60 Mich Pilot Road will also fit on the 4.5 inch rim with no problems. Anyone know about the PR 2's ?
            I finally got home and get to ride my KAT!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newbouldg View Post
              so, I'm guessing from iceman's post that a 170/60 Mich Pilot Road will also fit on the 4.5 inch rim with no problems. Anyone know about the PR 2's ?
              Michelin does not provide a range of rim sizes for the tires they make. They only provide the tire suggested for the bike by make/rim size. All of the 4.5" rims they suggest 160mm tires. The only suggestions for 170s were on 5.5" rims, per their PDF catalogs/tire fitment guides.

Not all tires are the same. Even in the same brand profiles change between the types, and can effect if a 170 should go on a 4.5" rim or not...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The conti 160 fits as well? I don't think I wanna go to the 170, but rather the 160.

Comment

Originally posted by kfreeman View Post
                  The conti 160 fits as well? I don't think I wanna go to the 170, but rather the 160.
                  Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  Michelin does not provide a range of rim sizes for the tires they make. They only provide the tire suggested for the bike by make/rim size. All of the 4.5" rims they suggest 160mm tires. The only suggestions for 170s were on 5.5" rims, per their PDF catalogs/tire fitment guides.

Not all tires are the same. Even in the same brand profiles change between the types, and can effect if a 170 should go on a 4.5" rim or not...

Krey
                  kfreeman
                  here is a link to continentals site and fitment guide , because I dont know what bike you are fitting
                  Our Goal: Healthy Mobility - clean, safe and connected. Our heart beats for this. Learn more about it on our homepage.

Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
                  X