Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power just drops?

Hello everyone.

Ok I got the wife a 06 250 ninja.
    I took it for a test drive and everything ran perfect until it lost most of its power,I pulled over and it idled,revved,and started just fine but couldn't get it over 30mph,I pulled back over and with the clutch engage i red lined it,Bike ran fine again now this has happen 3 times out of 20 rides.

Could the carbs / petcock need a good cleaning with a carb sync or is there something else going on?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

No power? It's obviously because she's on a 250. Just kiddin, couldn't resist.

Doesn't sound like carb problem, sounds more like something in the spark generating loop like a CDI. It'll require some trouble-shooting for sure.

Good luck

Comment

Junk floating in the carb bowls could cause an issue... remember you only have 2 cylinders, so if you loose one... (yes, it will run on 1... ) then you loose half your power. A quick inspection of the bowls won't hurt anyways. Also check the fuel line, make sure it's not kinked (easy to do since it hangs right there under the tank...).

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm thinking a feel starvation issue also.
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
        Black painted seat and rear trim,
        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

I'll check the lines then petcock if still an issue ill take the carbs of and give them a good cleaning if still no luck ill check the cdi and then still no luck time for her to get a kat!

Also i know the carbs needs to be sync it has god awful response time when throttling,would this cause the lose in power.

Btw i was looking to get the motion pro sync tool (the one with 4 tubes/lines) i have a 750 02 Kat would the same tool work on 250 ninja and my kat?

Comment

Originally posted by bishop403 View Post
            I'll check the lines then petcock if still an issue ill take the carbs of and give them a good cleaning if still no luck ill check the cdi and then still no luck time for her to get a kat!

Also i know the carbs needs to be sync it has god awful response time when throttling,would this cause the lose in power.

Btw i was looking to get the motion pro sync tool (the one with 4 tubes/lines) i have a 750 02 Kat would the same tool work on 250 ninja and my kat?
            Sync would cause issues, yes. Besure to do a valve adj/check prior to that. New to you bike, no telling when the last one was done.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X