X

rookie needs help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rookie needs help

im almost done with rebuilding a 1996 kat 750(my first bike project). ihad a little help which is my first problem. i have an unmarked sensor? that i didnt remove and now have no idea where it goes. any help with that would be appreciated. Second problem, this was a cali model im changing back to stock. i read the one thread just want to clarify a little. you run the two fuel lines,one vacuum to petcock,and plug the rest off? what about the air box at the front of bike? are blocking plates necessary? thanks for the help!sensor.jpg

bike 12.jpg

I'm guessing that's a CA bike, as you've got a bunch of stuff that hasn't been on either of mine. That sensor is likely part of the CA smog stuff.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Plug off 4 ports on bottom of carbs, remove the canister on the side, the 2 pieces and all hoses just above the coils. Put block off plates on the motor where those hoses run too just at the exhaust out ports. Run 1 vacuum line from carb 4 to the petcock... no need for the T anylonger.

No idea what that sensor is... never seen it before.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks for the help guys. I have been rebuilding this thing from the ground up for the last 4 months. this helps me complete the engine, now its time for paint.

Comment

Mine defiantly doesn't have that sensor.
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
          Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
          R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
          1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
          RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
          3BBB turn signal mirrors,
          Black painted seat and rear trim,
          Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Working...