X

not a stall out but just dont go no faster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not a stall out but just dont go no faster

well a friend of mine picked up a 90 kat 600. it does good on the idle part but he was telling me when he gets to a bout 90 even half throttle it starts to cut out or somthing.. it just dont have any more go.. its not hitting the rev limiter. and clues as to what might be making it do this?
    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
    well a friend of mine picked up a 90 kat 600. it does good on the idle part but he was telling me when he gets to a bout 90 even half throttle it starts to cut out or somthing.. it just dont have any more go.. its not hitting the rev limiter. and clues as to what might be making it do this?
    Pod filters could... fuel levels in the bowls...

What has been done to resolve/verify the issue?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Pod filters could... fuel levels in the bowls...

What has been done to resolve/verify the issue?

Krey
      nothing yet,,i think we are gonna try to get together this weekend maybe and go through the carbs to check each one out...hes not running pods i know that for sure. hell i still cant even get mine right.. its not even funny any more haha i just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.
      sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
      www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

not so much that it cuts out, more like hitting a wall and sometimes surges of power like it wants to go faster, just can't. sorta like something is holding it back.

Comment

Most likely a jetting problem, I'm going to guess too rich. I'm sure it's not just in 6th gear but anytime you try to really open it up. When an engine is too lean, it usually takes off like a rocket ship - right before it melts a piston. You can probably get away with a smaller main jet and cleaning the plugs - they should be about black if it's that rich.
          Last edited by akarob; 05-17-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

maybe a bad or wrong fuel filter??
            ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

Working...
            X