X

Squeaky Rear Brake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky Rear Brake

Everytime I go to hit my rear brake to stop on my pre kat it squeals like a cat thats just been hit by a car...The pads are good so I changed the rotor out with another that i had but its still doing the same thing...any ideas..?
    Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Clean your rotor with some Windex
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Mine is also squeeky as hell but that's cause I use it once or twice a month so rust and other crap builds up. (I'm too lazy to clean it)
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

Try beveling the leading edge of the brake pads with a 45 degree angle. The 90 degree angle on brake pads typically make them squeal. I know this from working on cars a lot.
        Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

Brake cleaner. Its probably dirt, just clean them very good and it should go away.
          2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
          2004 GSXR 600

Comment

The small thin metal pieces behind the OEM setup will cause aftermarket brakes to squeal too... check for those.... thin plates behind each pad. Most aftermarket brakes do not require those.

krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I used to think something was wrong with my squealing brakes but they still function normally. The squeal will come an go. It doesn't bother me anymore. When it does occur I try to use it to teach myself how to brake better between the front/rear.
              I invite you to church.

Comment

Also when you install the pads put either grease or some kind of anti-squeak on the bad of the pads. A squeak is a high pitched vibration between two metal surfaces. The grease will keep them from vibrating.
                03' Aprilia Falco
                99' CBR600F4 (fighter-ish) - SOLD
                94' GSX750F (street fighter theme) - SOLD
                1989 240sx (turbo ka on e85) - SOLD
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X