X

getting to run right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting to run right

I have a 94 Kat 600. Starting a few years again after sitting a winter the idle would go up and down. When warm idle high or sputter/die when cold. I messed around with cleaning carbs and got to run fair. The bike then sat for two years and I quickly cleaned the carbs to get running still had a bad idle problem. I tore the bike down to paint the plastic and got sidetrack with work for another year. I had the bike running last year but it was running extremely rich, poor driveability and same idle problem. I rebuild carbs and replaced some bad orings. Still could not get to run right after several attempts. I am looking to get it running again this summer. I was wondering if it is worth the money to get an Ivan's Carb kit and factory advancer. I live in Phoenix and finally want to get it running right.

Need to get her running first before dumping money into carb kit and advancer for these will not solve your carb related problems ~

Clean, clean and clean some more ...
    Those add-on's will only improve performance not fix your problems ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

the reason I was going to get the kit as it has all the new o-rings and replacement parts.

Comment

Run fishing line through the pilot jets, use carb cleaner and compressed air in all of the small passages ....
        Clean
        Clean
        Clean
        and Clean again ~
        Carbs will get gummed up way before the o-rings fail.
        Especially it they have been sitting for a long period of time.
        Drain the tank and run fresh gas after-wards.
        Idle mixture screw should be set to 2.5 to start.
        Last edited by jbo197; 05-02-2010, 03:04 PM.

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Working...
        X