X

Carbs vacuum hose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbs vacuum hose

Does anyone have Pics of hows the carb hoses are suppose to be hooked up?
    I aquired this 99 katana threw a trade for a different bike, he said he bought it from a towing yard, cleaned the carbs and all hook everything back up and it ran great. For one ride then he shut it off and never got it running again.

Now i have realized that he doenst have all the hoses from the carbs hooks up in fact there are only two comming off the carbs out the bike im assuming for releasing air etc...I know that there should be vacuum lines or something but NOTHING else is comming off carbs i know that there should be more hoses but dont know where they should be going. I saw some brief descriptions but was hoping someone could help me a little further.

Thanks for your time.
    J
    Last edited by JDG99KATANA; 05-01-2010, 06:26 PM. Reason: error

check the how to forum theres a suzki manual for download with the pictures inside.
    -100% JEDI-

Comment

I have done that and it is helpful but doesnt fully show what I am looking for. I am 75% sure my issue with this bike is that i am not obtaining vacuum and no fuel is being pumped into engine. Its funny how hard it is to find out how the hoses look like on the carbs.
      I have 2 hoses comming off the carbs right now, One of which is linked between carb 1-2, the other between 3-4, not to my knowledge those two are for just air lines which go to bottom of bike and there is suppose to be another tube on the outside of carb 4 to the fuel tap. Is this right?

Comment

yes.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
        X