X

Currect oil and amount?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currect oil and amount?

I'm not sure what oil would be good to put in there for springish like weather? It covers about half of the site glass when cold then after you start theres none showing when you move side to side when started.. so i think i need oil? Not sure how much to put in there but if someone could let me know, it would great apprechiated.

Thanks, Cody.

Originally posted by 05kata View Post
    I'm not sure what oil would be good to put in there for springish like weather? It covers about half of the site glass when cold then after you start theres none showing when you move side to side when started.. so i think i need oil? Not sure how much to put in there but if someone could let me know, it would great apprechiated.

Thanks, Cody.
    Exact amount is specified on the side of the bike next to the oil fill. It's aprox 4 qts with an oil change.

Rotella T synth is my personal choice for use. About $20 for a gallon at wallmart.

With the bike off, on both wheels, held straight up and down (NOT on the sidestand or centerstand), the oil level should be at the top of the window where the top fill line is.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Also, Do i need to take the fairing off to reach the Plugs and Airfilter? Because i need to change both of them but it seem likes i would have to take that stuff off to get to that stuff?

Thanks.

Comment

I suggest taking off the front fairings to access these for ease of access BUT i have bent out the fairings a little bit, removed the tank, and had access too, but to a much slighter degree.
        Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Alright thanks bud, Ill probably just take off the tank if that's easier.

Comment

Working...
          X