Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX750F Engine Specification Differences

Hi!

At http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-series/GSX750F.shtml

the engine specifications indicate 106 HP for the 1988 to 1997 models and then 92 HP for the 1998 to 2004 models.

What differences in the heads cause this HP drop (14 HP)? I guess that the cams would have something to do with this but are the compression ratios similar or very different?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Normand

106hp seems too high for a stock pre 750.

Comment

Originally posted by noglo View Post
      106hp seems too high for a stock pre 750.
      Probably but that is not what I'm trying to find out (because I don't have them in front of me to compare).
      Is the compression lower in the post 98 motors? Are the cams the same as in the older ones or have they been changed for the post 98 motors?

Thanks!

Comment

Canadian bikes and most overseas models have more advanced ignition timing then the US bikes and make more RWHP.
        I believe the pres were all the same but the 98+ US Kats produce less hp then the rest. An ignition advancer can help.

Also they tested HP at the factory on the pre bikes at the crank.. now days its tested at the rear wheel
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

106 is about right for a good running 750 stocker. You can possibly get a few more with all the add on goodies like a jet kit, advancer, and a full pipe exhaust system. Up somewhere in the 113 range.

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
          Also they tested HP at the factory on the pre bikes at the crank.. now days its tested at the rear wheel
          And yes Id say it was at the crank. your probably loosing about 5 in the drive line.
          Last edited by JokerZwild; 04-18-2010, 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Joker
          The newest addition to the Family!
          sigpic
          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

OK thanks!
            I keep thinking that the difference must be in the head design, but you guys seem to think that it lies somewhere else in the engine.
            Thanks OK! I've been often wrong before!

Comment

Working...
            X