X

engine stubbles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine stubbles

alright so right now i changed all four plugs the bike is a little hard to start but once it is started it idles fine when i start to roll if i try to get on it at all the engine stubbles really hard and it is sucking up gas really bad i know a lot of you guys out there are pretty much experts so please go easy on me oh and its an 89 gsx600f thanks oh and just before this happened i filled the tank and shortly after is started leaking out of what ever is right below the fuel switch on the left side and then stopped after about an hour or so dont know if that will help any

If it's leaking gas from your switch (petcock) your fuel lines may need to be replaced as they may be cracked, or the petcock itself might need to be re-built. With any luck at all you could try snipping off a small segment of where the lines attach to the petcock for a temporary fix. Leaking gas from there is not a fun consequence if you like your parts.
    Just curious.....but are you running the bike on the PRI setting?
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

i was yeah but the fuel looked like it was coming from right where the little nob is that you can set the idle with just above that

Comment

Check your oil to see if it has gas in it, you might be dumping fuel into the crank.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

It might be nothing more than an 0-ring on the petcock and a simple re-build. I truly wouldn't ride it until you find the issue. Just my thoughts.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

You could just bypass the petcock and see if that helps....
            I
            I
            I see you...

Comment

Working...
            X