Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb are clean but still idle high

Ok i need your help guys,

here's my situation

Carb was cleaned, o ring was replaced, Jet was unclog.

Pilot screw is at 1.75 turn. i know i had to put 2.5 but the bike was idling way to high (around 3k to 4k rpm) At 1.75 its idling at 1100rpm (when cold)

the Choke is not even working good right now, full choke bike runs at 1100rpm when cold until it start to get hot the RPM raise.

The bike runs ok but when hot the bike idle at 3000rpm.

vaccum leak seems to be my problem cause i've checked everything else.
    1- Should i put LockTight on the bolt? can they get loose with vibration?

Originally posted by doc83 View Post
    Ok i need your help guys,

here's my situation

Carb was cleaned, o ring was replaced, Jet was unclog.

Pilot screw is at 1.75 turn. i know i had to put 2.5 but the bike was idling way to high (around 3k to 4k rpm) At 1.75 its idling at 1100rpm (when cold)

the Choke is not even working good right now, full choke bike runs at 1100rpm when cold until it start to get hot the RPM raise.

The bike runs ok but when hot the bike idle at 3000rpm.

vaccum leak seems to be my problem cause i've checked everything else.
    1- Should i put LockTight on the bolt? can they get loose with vibration?
    Turn out 1/4 turn and check again... 1/4 turn adjustments are huge for the A/F settings. Sounds like 1.75 is too low, 2.5 is too high... try between.

Check for vacuum leaks as well...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Loctite on what bolt?
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

the 2 bolt at the top

Comment

Originally posted by doc83 View Post
          the 2 bolt at the top

No, they only need to be good and snug and should seal good as long as the diaphragm is seated correctly.
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

where can i have a a vaccum leak?

Comment

Boots to the airbox maybe did you install the airbox onto the carbs then install the carbs? seems to make things a little less prone to a vacum leaks

I found one of my airbox boots didnt seat into airbox well, and had a big gap as boot didnt seat to box also make sure your drain tube to airbox is kinked and plugged.

Comment

What he said and add, o-ring under the cap, oring under the a/f screws to that list.

Comment

Originally posted by wepainters View Post
                  Boots to the airbox maybe did you install the airbox onto the carbs then install the carbs? seems to make things a little less prone to a vacum leaks

I found one of my airbox boots didnt seat into airbox well, and had a big gap as boot didnt seat to box also make sure your drain tube to airbox is kinked and plugged.
                  actually the airbox is not seating completely on the carb, can this really do a high idling problem?

Comment

Yes. As suggested, put the carbs into the box before installing them on the motor, it works great.

Comment

im desperate,

I did all the thing mention in the post.

BUT SAME F@(*?ING PROBLEM!!!!!!

Idle at 3k rpm when hot. i recheck the pilot jet and they are all perfect, i dont know what to do now,

i think im going to bring that ***** to the shop, im tired!

Comment

also check the clip position on ur needle....

Comment

Check your throttle cable too.

I had the same exact issue and I thought "oh.. it can't be the throttle cable, because it only idles high when warm, and not when cold" .. It was a tight throttle cable.

Comment

Working...
                          X