About oil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About oil

Hi:
    I'm using castrol 10w40 in my katana, after read a few threads here, I'm wondering if it is the right oil. Can anybody answer that? Or should I change to synthetic oil?
    Thanks.

Originally posted by txiki View Post
    Hi:
    I'm using castrol 10w40 in my katana, after read a few threads here, I'm wondering if it is the right oil. Can anybody answer that? Or should I change to synthetic oil?
    Thanks.
    synthetic blends do tend to give a slightly better performance, but non synth is fine to run as well. It's really a preference thing.

As long as the castrol you chose was motorcycle oil designed for a wet clutch, your good.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thank you, I will be using the castrol . Thanks again

Comment

I always find something JASO-MA certified(JASO-MA meets motorcycle standards) and like Krey said synthetic or not is a preference... one could argue synthetic is better meanwhile the other side will tell you they've been using non-synthetic for 70 years on their bike and have had no issues.
        95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
        Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
        ---
        I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

I use Castro dino oil in my Kat with no issues.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
          X