X

how low can i lower my 06 katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how low can i lower my 06 katana

I was wonder how low can I lower my kat 600 without affecting the handling. I have dog bone that can be lower 2 or 4 inch. I am only 5.4 and stand on the balls of my foot now. I would like to lower as much as possible to be flat footed if possible but dont want to lower where it affect the handling of the bike...thanks

Couple of cm maybe?
    If you really don't want to affect the handling much I believe you'll be wanting to lower both the front and back suspension equally. Though I reckon those who know what they're talking about will be in soon enough to share details or correct me where I'm wrong.
    Also, have you considered re-sculpting the seat into more of a dip to give yourself a cm or so that way? Had a mate with a R1200GS who did that and it worked a treat.

Comment

sweet, will trying to shave the seat than see if lowering links the way to go..thannks!

Comment

I see rear shock lowering links for sale all over ebay.
        I don't know how good they are but they might be worth a try?
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
        Black painted seat and rear trim,
        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

I'm also short I built my on dog bones don't know the mesurements of them but i can tell u that the back of the bike is 35 1/8" and the forks are slid down about 1 1/4". may be this helps if needed i can mesure mine.
          2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Comment

Stay around 2", that's where you really start losing cornering clearance and ride quality.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I was told to stay around 2". When and if you do lower the bike....make sure you lower both the front and the back....Idiot mechanics never lowered my front. It's been interesting to say the least...But it is getting fixed the right way very soon!
              I'm not short.....I am fun sized!

Comment

sweeet, thanks for all the advice. Will definitely lower both front and back. Let you know how it goes!

One more question? Is the center stand going to have to be removed and the side stand shorten. Just need to know so i can be looking for a shorter side stand if needed....thanks again
                Last edited by newkat2010; 04-13-2010, 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yeah the kickstand will need to be shortened depending on how much you lower the bike, you don't want the bike to be too "staight' on the kickstand as it will be very unstable

Comment

thanks, so can i cut my side stand somehow or do i need to buy shorter one ?

Comment

cut your side stand and i had to remove my center stand because i scraped it a few times and it scared the **** out of me.
                      2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Comment

So please give me a run down on the PROPER way to lower my 06 kat.
                        shaving the seat would not be a option due to i have a corbin and just got it reupholstered.
                        i would like to bring it down any where between 1-1 1/2 inches due to my toes are on the ground and not my feet.

Comment

If a snail says, "WTF just hit me in the head, it's too low"
                          Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Working...
                          X