• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickstand problems

first ill introduce here as well...
    my name is patrick smith
    i just bought an 05 gsx600 my first ever bike

i have a small problem when i ride it the kickstand falls just enough to let off the button that shuts the bike off anyone know and easy fix that will take care of the problem????

thankssss

new spring is what im thinking, mine kinda has that issue. it just doesnt go up all the way.
    03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
    04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
    08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
    10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
    05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Yeah, new spring to "really" fix it or you could just use some electrical tape and wrap it around the part of the stand that makes the connection to the switch enough so that even if the stand does move some there is still some pressure on the switch. If you go the tape route, it's only temporary at best and not the safest thing to do. If you're stand is hanging down enough to catch something going around a corner, you'll wish you'd gotten the new spring
      Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

I had the same problem when I first bought my Kat. Replaced both the inner and outer springs and never had a problem after that.

Comment

where can i get springs???could i just go to a hardware store and pick one up???? or do i have to go to the dealership to pick one up

Comment

I would try the hardware first, pull the old ones off and take to compare. Welcome to the site.

Comment

thanks for the help and the welcome

just picked up an 05 for 500 dollars

im giving it some paint tomorrow

Comment

Working...
              X