X

Clutch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch

hey all..i dont post here too much but i do lurk around a bit.

i have a 1995 kat 600. My problem is that the clutch is pretty tough to pull. Also, the engaging point of the clutch is EXTREMELY far out, almost to the very tips of my fingers.

is there any adjustment i can do to eliminate these two in conveniences? i have been riding it like this for a little while, but i think i would find it more enjoyable to ride if i could adjust it.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: bike is completely stock with 16k miles on it
    Last edited by PureStang; 04-05-2010, 01:47 AM.

Lube your clutch cable. Then adjust your clutch. Here's a guide for that. I'm sure there are a dozen others on this site too http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64698 I'll let you search for the others though.

Originally posted by PureStang View Post
    i have a 1995 kat 600. My problem is that the clutch is pretty tough to pull. Also, the engaging point of the clutch is EXTREMELY far out, almost to the very tips of my fingers.
    Lube your clutch cable. Then adjust your clutch. Here's a guide for that. I'm sure there are a dozen others on this site too http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64698 I'll let you search for the others though.

BTW: My clutch ALWAYS gets really tough to pull when it's about to go out. It does this because the screw that holds the clutch cable in place rubs against the cable and eventually a wire catches and adds resistance. So inspect the cable where it enters the screw when you adjust the clutch cable. The adjustment screw is part #2 in the linked thread.
    Last edited by BigFish; 04-05-2010, 02:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

thanks for the response..i will have to try this. as for the clutch cable rubbing, i just replaced the adjuster screw at the handle cause i had one break on me. i inspected the clutch cable and it looks almost brand new

Comment

make sure the bolt/screw that holds ur clutch lever on isnt over tightened, like if its clamping the mount together and pinching ur clutch lever it could make the lever feel like its tough to pull
        "When in doubt, throttle out."
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by his-royal-freshness View Post
          make sure the bolt/screw that holds ur clutch lever on isnt over tightened, like if its clamping the mount together and pinching ur clutch lever it could make the lever feel like its tough to pull
          i loosened that bolt a little as well, but it didnt help. thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
          X