Knocking sound from bottom end.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knocking sound from bottom end.

Hi,

Can anyone help. I few days ago I noticed a slight knocking sound/vibration coming from the bottom of my bike. I initially thought my chain needed tightening but on investigation this was okay. I also checked that the centre/side stand wasn't loose but no these were both okay. A friend has suggested it may be the chain slipping on the front sprocket but I have no lost of power or jerkiness in accelleration. The exhaust and fairing are both secure. Can anyone shed some light on this mysterious sound. I can also feel the knocking through the foot pegs some times.

Thanks in advance
    Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't (Bart Simpson)

Only feel it when riding?

Is your center stand hitting your dogbone/links when the suspension is compressed?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hi Krey,

I have looked at the gap between the centre stand and the dogbone link and I can bearly get my finger between there. I tried bouncing on the seat when the bike was stationary but couldn't replicate the sound. In the back of my mind I thinking that the shock is starting to collapse.

Yes I only hear/feel it when riding.
      Last edited by daslex; 04-02-2010, 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't (Bart Simpson)

Comment

Loose engine mount?
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
        X