X

Alternator fitment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator fitment

I checked ronayers and the first several letters for the pre and post alternator is the same but the last few are different.

Will a pre alternator work with a post engine?
    Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

I once my last pre98 750 had an alternator go out, so I put a 98+ alternator on it. I believe it's been said that alternators from engines with different strokes aren't supposed to work, but it did.

BTW- The bolts that held it in had to be shorter for the 98+ unit.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

bump?
      Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

I'm currently running a 2001 750 Kat engine in my 91 Katana 600. The alternator I am using is the original alternator off the 91 Kat 600 engine. Bolted right up. The only difference is the electrical plug / connection. I used the original 91 Katana wiring harness so the pre 98 alternator was plug in play for me.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification! I think it might be a pre alternator now. It is a 91 600 with a post 600 engine.

Comment

Working...
          X