X

sprocket cover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprocket cover

so i took off the sprocket cover to clean all the gunk out and check the sprocket for wear. There is a pin type thing that sticks out (looking at the cover on the left side) It came out . Is there any certain way it goes in , or do i just put it back in the hole it came out of. What is it for and what does it do?

Sounds like the clutch push rod maybe?....

Put the clean side in first.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

What is its purpose and how do i know if its in properly.?

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
        It just slides into the hole. If it's in there, it's in right for the most part. Not really anything special.

It is what the name implies... a rod that pushes in the clutch when you pull on the cable.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks Krey Just being sure.

Comment

thanks Krey Just being sure.
            just my $.02 worth: "the only stupid question is the one you don't ask". so ask away.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

The cable for the clutch feeds down into that sprocket cover. However, the clutch is on the other side of the engine. The clutch mechanism will push on that rod through the engine block into the actual clutch basket to engage and disengage the clutch assembly.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
              X