X

One last crack at it before I shell out the big Bucks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One last crack at it before I shell out the big Bucks

Okay as some of yall know I have an 01 750 kat. Ive had an issue with it since i bought it off ebay about a year ago. The bike runs great and strong till you twist the throttle to half way or more. Once you do that, the bike starts slowing down like its choked. if you back down on the throttle, the bike speeds up. It was suggested my carbs where dirty, I downloaded the manuel and took the carbs off, disassembled each one, cleaned with carb cleaner, reassembled and reinstalled. No luck, then it was suggested that my airfilter might be dirty, ordered up a new one, no luck. Ive changed the plugs, no luck. Ive checked the hoses, no luck. Im just not sure what the problem could be and now that im getting my taxes back, I guess im gonna end up letting a shop look at it and spend the big bucks, Any last guesses what could be wrong?

this may sound stupid. but my dad owns a 89 gs700es its a 700cc v-twin but his was doing basically that and he had tried everything and on a last whim he replaced the coil pack and adjusted his carbs pilot screw about 1/4 turn more rich at the same time and then he didnt have that problem and his ran fine. everyone said it had to have been something else done by accident cause it dont make since but it worked for him on his bike.

Comment

you know, the coil has occured to me but is there a way to test it. To me that would almost make sence because the engine (under load) wont run more then about 7K on the motor.

Comment

you first need to be sure that the carbs are absolutely clean. No ifs, ands or buts.

Next check for vacuum leaks in and around the carb boots. Use an unlit propane torch.

Remove the intake boots and inspect the o-rings. Are they worn?
        Good on the right, worn on the left.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Try bigger main jets, took care of that exact problem i had.
          "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post

Remove the intake boots and inspect the o-rings. Are they worn?
            this is something that people often overlook or dont think to check.......

and as far as the coils go i do not kno of a way to check them but to replace them

Comment

Floats not properly adjusted can cause the issue too.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by poscarguy View Post
                and as far as the coils go i do not kno of a way to check them but to replace them
                Coils usually aren't the problem.... if they were the hang would be heat related. The bike would run fine stone cold, then have issues as it started to warm up.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

When in doubt..........talk to a suzuki mechanic at a reputable shop!
                  sigpic

Comment

try driving with petcock in prime position
                    maybe losing vac to petcock or bad petcock
                    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                      try driving with petcock in prime position
                      maybe losing vac to petcock or bad petcock

If it's only at half throttle or more, I'd suspect slide issues. Either a torn diaphragm, a slide spring that's in crooked, or slide runners that are warped and binding. I can't remember if I ever recommended this, but flick the slides up and see how they respond. They should all move all the way up without a problem, and they should all fall back down at the same rate, without hanging up in spots or anything like that.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I wouldn't think it would be the coil(s). You might want to make sure and check ALL the wiring under the tank. I had a similar problem when shifting gears, and I had a wire that was rubbed through in the main harness and was shorting out intermittently.

If it were me I'd put the petcock in PRIME and go for a ride.

If the problem goes away, then the issue is fuel delivery related.

Also check the inline fuel filter to see what kind of shape it's in.

Comment

I would have to agree with running on prime, though I doubt it is a fuel problem. At least that would be an easy way to check.

Sounds more like a dirty set of carbs. I would double check. A good second cleaning won't hurt and could fix the problem.
                          Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

I would say Carbs too. If they are not 100% right they will give you problems.
                            I would say clean them again and check every rubber o ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                              Floats not properly adjusted can cause the issue too.

Krey
                              +1 floats are too low.

Comment

Working...
                              X