X

Gas cap position

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas cap position

If it is possible...Can you put the whole gas cap assembly on backwards so the "lift" here tab doesn't flap in the wind?

Mine doesn't have the ball and the spring is wack.

I don't have my tank to check either.
    Last edited by Ilovemyvtx; 03-28-2010, 08:38 PM.
    Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

can't you just take out the bolts out of the assy. and rotate it?
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I just edited my first post. I don't have my tank to check and it was something that I would forget.

Will the latches engage and disengage the same?
      Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

No, you cant. The cap is angled so it only goes one way. (It wont shut completely.) I took my cap apart and lost the ball and spring, and it doesnt flap in the wind... why does yours?
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

The hole is not centered so I don't think it will work rotated. The little ball is just a ball bearing, shouldn't be too hard to get something like it.

Comment

Velcro

Comment

Just go redneck and use duct tape. (kidding) I have the same problem but have a sorta windshield which breaks up the air flow over the tank so the little flap just lays down all the time.

Comment

Might be able to unscrew and turn the latch assembly around so lid will close.
                When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

tank bag

Comment

Working...
                  X