X

serge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serge

i have a buddy that has a 01 yzf600. he told me today that it's sergeing while rideing. any ideas. and is it fuel inj. or carb thanks
    sigpic

surging at cruise/light throttle generally is a sign of a lean condition. I believe those are carbed, so I'd recommend cleaning the carbs. He could try running some seafoam through it, but actually pulling the carbs apart would be the best way.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

thanks he said he was bringing me the bike on tue. i give it a shot
      sigpic

Comment

I don't mean to be picky, but from your picture, aren't you a little young for working on motorcycles?

Sorry, I couldn't help that one. I don't have any ideas to help you though.

Dan

Comment

yes that bike is carbed. and it could be a vacuum issue....... i used to own a 2003 kawasaki zr7s and there o-rings where the carb boot on the header side meet the header. my bike was doing the same thing and after like 2 weeks of cleaning and adjusting everything on the carbs and spark plugs...etc i took off those boots and there was nothing left of those o-rings i replaced them and i was back on the road with no problems

Comment

Working...
          X