X

Fuel line sizes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line sizes

I'm moving and don't have the time to take my bike apart but my carbs are leaking from the fuel lines between them. I was going to replace them and safety wire them on but I don't know what size they are without pulling apart the bike.

So I guess my question is what size are the fuel lines between the carbs on the top and bottom and the fuel line & vacuum line to the tank?

Mine are 1/4" 91 750.
    Futurama: I Dated a Robot (#3.15)
    "I am Lucy Liu. Give me your spines."

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Not 1/4". The Kat uses 7mm fuel lines. Not much difference but you can really tell when you're having to get them back off. I actually managed to pull the metal tube out of the petcock valve housing trying to get a 1/4" line off of there. I think the vacuum line to the petcock is 5/16" ID.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Blue 1/4" fuel hose works great.
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            I actually managed to pull the metal tube out of the petcock valve housing trying to get a 1/4" line off of there. I think the vacuum line to the petcock is 5/16" ID.
            I did that too.. but not with the 1/4 soft blue line.. Competition accessories? The black crap I bought at the Autozone lasted two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
              Blue 1/4" fuel hose works great.
              The blue stuff I bought that was marked 1/4" measured out at 7mm. Things that make you go hmm...

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              I did that too.. but not with the 1/4 soft blue line.. Competition accessories? The black crap I bought at the Autozone lasted two weeks.
              I use the black stuff for vacuum lines with no problems but there's a big difference in the rubber used for them and fuel lines. You've got to make sure the HS dropout working the counter at Autozone grabs the right stuff when you ask for fuel line. Going for the blue or clear stuff generally clues them in.
              Last edited by Wild-Bill; 03-24-2010, 04:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
              X