X

1st Gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Gear

Recently purchased a 94 kat 600 real clean bike noticed when your taking off that it kinda chugs sputters kinda till abt 4k rpm then it takes off fine is this normal or maybe a carb issuse any help would be nice

Just my thoughts, but you might want to considering getting them synched.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Tattered_n_torn View Post
      Recently purchased a 94 kat 600 real clean bike noticed when your taking off that it kinda chugs sputters kinda till abt 4k rpm then it takes off fine is this normal or maybe a carb issuse any help would be nice
      could be alot of things.i would start with spark plugs if not done.

Comment

If your only stuttering at take off a little, I would suggest new plugs, check the wires, use some fuel additive cleaner, and inspect/replace the airfilter.

Also check for any air leaks on the carbs.

If your still having issues after this... there are other more intrusive options, like pull, clean, inspect the carbs. The minor issues your having though, I think can be resolved without getting straight into that just yet.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Id check the plugs and wires.

Comment

thanks guys ill tear into that today

Comment

Working...
            X