X

carb replacement screws?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb replacement screws?

im wondering what allen bolt or some other less prone to head stripping screw i can replacement my stripped out JIS screws?

does anyone know the thread size or anything off hand? i would prefur not to have to take the carbs apart to take a screw in with me.

also what could i use to replace the float bowl screwS? is it the same threading at the top of the carbs?
    03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
    04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
    08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
    10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
    05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

M4 .7 10mm bolts are the right ones.
    Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

thanks! major help!

Comment

No problem. Just replaced them as well.
        Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

You can replace them with 10-32 ( the SEA type screw) no problem. All my carbs screws have been replaced by 10-32s. They might be easier to find, I suggest Stainless Steel.

Comment

i just picked up some m4 .7 10mm.....80cent for 2. im not sure of the build material....ill check it out.

now i just need to figure out how to get the old stripped one out. there are no + signs anymore! its just ground down....

Comment

Vise grips work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
                Vise grips work.
                +1 and needle nose vice grips work REALLY well.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

You can also use the cutting wheel on your Dremel tool to cut another flat slot. Also, if still stubborn, use the point tip of soldering iron to heat that puppy up.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                    +1 and needle nose vice grips work REALLY well.
                    Amen on the vice grip advice. I started tearing into my carbs yesterday and accidentally stripped 2 of the screws. I was about to start crapping boulders until I decided to try some vice grips and was able to easily get the stripped screws off. Now I need some advice on getting a stripped pilot jet out.
                    We don't stop riding because we grow old, We grow old when we stop riding!

Comment

Originally posted by Dankid View Post
                      ..... Now I need some advice on getting a stripped pilot jet out.
                      What I did was insert a square rod slightly larger than the pilot get holes. Light tapping with a hammer imbeded the square rod into the hole, and then it worked just like it was a hex head bolt... and came right out.

There are probably "extractors" of the size needed as well that would work. Probably be a better option to use.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

*deleted*
                        Last edited by BrianM; 06-04-2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X