X

???'s about a head gasket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
    Thanks for posting that Squiggy...... and to think, I was afraid they made it complicated.....

Good lookin out, tone. BTW- How's the 1100 coming along?

Yea no kiddin hah!!

Comment

Originally posted by tone
      Not bad mate its running & riding ok, just developed a small oil leak from the head gasket & still has one from the sump i cant seem to cure
      Have you pinned down where it's leaking from the sump? Obviously I've got no ideas for the head gasket....
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Yup i'm pretty sure its from the stupid bolt in the recess in the middle front of the sump, i suspect it needs a helicoil so have ordered a new gasket & am waiting for it to appear so i can investigate further
        Ah, alright. I was going to say, I did have one with an oil leak at the sump that I chased around for a while. Turned out somebody got a little gorilla fisted tightening the sump bolts, and put a little hairline crack in it. Was just enough oil leaking to put a nice film on the sump, but not enough to see where it was coming from.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

LOL the thread is all yours
          Its not my head gasket anyways I dont think. I cleaned it up the other day and was lookin at it and I'm not sure where its coming from. It looked like it was coming out the side of the case to be honest but I doubt thats where it is. It wont start again so when I get more time I need to pull my carbs off and clean them and then start messin with it again

Comment

Originally posted by 801bansheeboy View Post
            LOL the thread is all yours
            Its not my head gasket anyways I dont think. I cleaned it up the other day and was lookin at it and I'm not sure where its coming from. It looked like it was coming out the side of the case to be honest but I doubt thats where it is. It wont start again so when I get more time I need to pull my carbs off and clean them and then start messin with it again

Mine LOOKED like it was leaking in the front center by the bolt that holds head and cylinder together. It wasn't, it was the valve cover but I didn't know it until I readjusted my valves and used a little permatex on the valve cover. It stopped leaking.
            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Now we've totally hijacked this thread we may as well carry on

I sorted the sump today i think it seems the bolt through the little recess was a little too long & was not seating properly ive done that now along with a new gasket but have yet to run it up as i thought i'd play with the exhaust while its off

Also in the process of doing a new & slightly strange paint job, will put up pics on my thread when its close enough for you to see where its going, think strontium dog from 2000AD circa the early 1980s
              Great news on the sump....... who cares if the exhaust is off? Just run it anyway. Your neighbors have to be used to that sort of nonsense from you anyway!

I have no idea what "strontium dog" is...... I'm afraid in the early 80's, though, I was nonexistent.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                Mine LOOKED like it was leaking in the front center by the bolt that holds head and cylinder together. It wasn't, it was the valve cover but I didn't know it until I readjusted my valves and used a little permatex on the valve cover. It stopped leaking.
                That makes sence! I gotta pull my carbs off and clean them so I'll go through all the bolts and stuff then. I hope its somethin simple like that!

Comment

Working...
                X