X

Carb issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb issue

Replaced all of the plugs in carb after complete carb cleaning on 1995 kat 600. Bike has a weird idle when started the choke needs to be pulled all the way when cold but if let off at all idle drops right off to nothing causing the bike to stall. After bike warms up idle gets alot higher right now have idle adj screw way out so i have to keep it idleing with just the throtle. The main jet is a 112.5 and the pilot jet is 32.5 i think with the air/fuel screw on bottom of carb set at 2 1/2 turns out. I also checked for vacume leaks and found none. Bike has a full vince and hynes pipe on it any help would be appriciated.

You might have to richen the AF.. 2 1/2 turns sounds low for a jet kit and header..

Comment

Wait, let me see if I have this right...
      Engine is cold - needs choke to run. If choke let off then engine stalls.
      Engine is warm - needs choke off.

I'm confused. Where's the problem?

Install the idle screw, warm the engine all the way up, synch the carbs and adjust the idle. (All while the engine is good and warm.) See what you've got then.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

once engine is warmed up i can never get it to idle at 1300 rpms its ether to high like 2000 + rpms or way low like 500 - rpms if i get it adjusted to 1300 or so when i ride it for a while the rpms go up again to 2000 + according to the book the stock jets for the 95 kat are 112.5 main 32.5 pilot

Comment

You need to clean out your pilot jets. The pilot circuit is not getting enough gas as your jets are blocked probably. I had the same problem last year, which was solved by cleaning the pilot jets which had gummed up over time.

Comment

OK, that's a problem.

Re-seat the carbs and make sure the intake boots are all the way on the carbs. That sounds like a vacuum leak. It helps if you attach the airbox to the carbs before putting them on the bike. If you don't then it's really easy to have the intakes just a little bit off down under the carbs, where you can't see them well.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
            X