X

Battery Advice Please. Thx

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Advice Please. Thx

My bike ('82 Katana 1000) needs new battery. Are some batteries better than others for this bike? (I'm in the process of resurrecting after long time storage) and any suggestions on where to buy in Watsonville / Santa Cruz area? (Fuel line filter also needed)
    Thanx for any advice. cheers

many options and price usually meens better
    A glass mat type battery is probably best but they are pricey, they are designed to better deal with vibration
    get yourself a good battery tender and use it , it will extend the life of the battery
    you can buy any where from walmart, Napa, or a dealer
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
      A glass mat type battery is probably best
      that must be a sealed battery:bunny2.i got my last one at my local cycle gear.got 5 years out of my last one.

Comment

Whatever you get, remember that you generally get what you pay for. My experience has been 1 year from a Wal-Mart battery and 5 years or so from a Yuasa. The Yuasa ones cost about twice what I paid for the one from Wal-Mart. I've never tried a sealed or gel-cel unit.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
          Whatever you get, remember that you generally get what you pay for. My experience has been 1 year from a Wal-Mart battery and 5 years or so from a Yuasa. The Yuasa ones cost about twice what I paid for the one from Wal-Mart. I've never tried a sealed or gel-cel unit.
          ok yea thanx for that. (and previous inputs) I'm not looking to go cheapskate and may try the gel-cel (always had acid in the past). Any other input much appreciated. cheers

Comment

once you go above the acid grade they are also maintenance free
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
            X