X

Ivan's Jet Kit Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivan's Jet Kit Question

The instructions for the Ivan's 750 kit says that the E clip goes on the 4th spot.

Is that from the top of the jet or the bottom of the jet?

Not to be a smart aleck(sp?), call Ivan. He's one of the best people I have ever dealt with, plus he might have more helpful info.

Comment

Crap... this is one of those questions where I knew the answer but as I read/hear the question I forget...My gut is telling me from the top end of the needle (as installed - essentially making it sit higher).
      -2000 "750"

Comment

Usually clip position is measured from the bottom of the needle... as the clip position is "raising" the needle.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          Usually clip position is measured from the bottom of the needle... as the clip position is "raising" the needle.
          I think we are saying the same thing. Fourth from the non-pointy end.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

The bottom is the pointy, tapered end.

4th from the pointy end doesn't sound right for the Ivans kit. I installed a kit for a guy that bought a set of 98+ carbs from me, but I sent him all the stuff back.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Factory pro kit they tell you to count from the top... 1 being leanest 5 being rich, or are there 6 positions? I forget, but it's from the top with FP kits
              For sale thread Album
              1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

I was just looking at the this online and was debating about it for my 03 Kat. You'll hafta post your results after you get it in place!

Comment

I won't have to time to get to it for at least a few days. Baseball season is getting cranked up and being a coach takes up some time.

I'll post up when I do.

Comment

Got the answer calling Ivan's shop.

4th position DOWN counting from the top (bottom is pointy end of the needle).

Comment

Working...
                    X